The Youtube Gadget

So I just added a Youtube Gadget, which will keep you updated on all the viral videos on Youtube...
The reason why I added it is, that I'm fascinated by the way many people have gained quite a respectable amount of fame due to Youtube, Myvideo etc. by behaving, stupid, funny, sad, irritated, stressed, idiotic, cool, fashionable or contrivers videos.

So here you can contribute to the internet sensation phenomena.

Urban Mayhem

Portfolio

Dienstag, 31. August 2010

still things are really new- graphic design

okay, today was the second day of my "new life" everything is still rather new and weird (in a good way) but I have to say, I'm walking through the hallways and rooms of this amazing and new place with a little more orientation than yesterday and during the "kick-in week".

The first class didn't take place, but the tutor had told us so it was alright, many came nevertheless including me. It was fun to catch up with everybody, recognizing all the faces and trying to remember all the names...I did okay, maybe 50% of them came to my head again straight away...

After lunch we had our first class of graphic design; the tutor is great, a real artist. We had the task to bring a picture to class which meant a lot to us, I chose the one to left...

I choose this picture because I like big cities and I think it really catches the essence of what big cities are about. I took it in Boston last winter when I was visiting my family in the states.
There are many people walking, so there is a lot of movement in the whole picture, it looks very real, not staged at all, especially with the woman in the front, she is a little blurry, which really emphasizes the motion she and everybody else is in. Furthermore I like the smoke in the upper-right corner, such a typical thing for an big American city, the smoke coming from the sewer system.
I know it's a cliche but the way the people are only minding their own business is very typical, everybody is heading in their own direction and there is no interaction between strangers. Except for those who are already traveling in small groups like the little group in-front of Borders book shop.
My picture was in contrast to most of the pictures which were presented by my classmates, because there is so much going on in it, most were focused on a very certain aspect or detail, but in mine there is so much to see and explore, I really like that about it and the tutor agreed. It was interesting how it took everybody longer to say what came to mind when they were looking at my picture. With the other examples, there was always something that sprang to mind right away because it was obvious (nature, wood, destruction, tree, fall...) not so with this one.
Our task for the next time is to find an alphabet or letter which seems particularly beautiful to us in some way, and bring it to class on friday so that we can discuss it. I'm going to look into that now...

...so good night and sleep tight everybody.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen