The Youtube Gadget

So I just added a Youtube Gadget, which will keep you updated on all the viral videos on Youtube...
The reason why I added it is, that I'm fascinated by the way many people have gained quite a respectable amount of fame due to Youtube, Myvideo etc. by behaving, stupid, funny, sad, irritated, stressed, idiotic, cool, fashionable or contrivers videos.

So here you can contribute to the internet sensation phenomena.

Urban Mayhem

Portfolio

Dienstag, 14. September 2010

I got soaked again

...yep the rain got me again.

her comes an update on our group work. I'm sitting in the cafeteria with chris and we're waiting for sharah and sven to show up. I think we are going to tackle the real storyline today, or at least I hope so. I'm not quite sure which dimension the interactive video will take, but I think we kind of know in which direction we are going to go since the promotional video, which by the way was a full success.
After we were able t0 handle some start up problems we were able to show it on a huge 8x8 meter screen, with huge speakers. the heartbeat in the end really came through nicely. But I noticed, that the last beat should have faded a little bit longer. the end was to abrupt, but oh well...I guess I'll know that for the next time then.
However Anton was pleased and I think the video improved the otherwise rather messy presentation of the group work we were supposed to do within two hours prior to the presentation.
The task was to think of a story which followed a 12-step program

here is a copy of our rough sketch (the story shouldn't represent our real interactive video):

12 steps

Urban Mayhem

1 ordinary world:

-urban environment, city, (Rotterdam).

-Hero: pretty normal life, normal cop (Jason Statham 45, ), wife kid, little boy called james, wife called mary-jane.

2 call to adventure:

Jason arrested a drug dealer who later-on escaped from jail and killed jason's kid in revenge. Jason got hoked on meth, out of grief, and stole some drugs from the evidence room in the police department. His wife left him. He got caught, and got dishonorable discharge (fired). Furious at the drug dealer who he blamed for his misfortune, he swore revenge.

3 refusal of the call:

-how can a drug addicted ex-cop bring a criminal to justice?

4 meeting the mentor:

-Ex wife MJ: get your fucking act together you worthless piece of shit. It's for our son. Stop taking drugs, douche-bag.


5 crossing the threshold:

- jumps over his own shadow, to contribute to a safer world for everybody. Stop taking drugs

6 test, allies, enemies:

-test: parcours, avoid police, running,

- allies: old police officer in his last years at the job. Insider information over earpiece etc.

7 approach to inmost cave:

-got address to “crack-house” , walked up the stairs, the dealer sees him coming, runs onto the roof, chase each other around town, gets info from his insider,

8 supreme ordeal:

-they come to an roof top, they can't go any further, the dealer backs towards the edge of the roof, they talk...you killed my son, my wife left me, I have nothing to loose... shoots him in the foot...talk some more, I lost my job, got addicted with the poison you sell...shoots him in the other foot...they talk...payback time biatch... kicks him in the head and makes him tip over the back of the roof and shoots at him as he is falling towards the street... where his guts will eventually splatter on the sidewalk.

9 reward:

-dignity, victory, revenge

10 road back:

- reflects on the journey which brought him to th epoint he is at...the lessons he learned, the blood he had to shed, the people he met along the journey

11 resurrection:

-gets back together wife...gets a job as an addiction consultant at the local community center

12 return with the elixer:

-the drug dealer was one of the most important supplier, and the whole drug scene in Rotterdam crumbles.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen